Eighth Street from Grand to Cooper closed in early June
Eighth Street is to be closed from Grand Avenue to Cooper Avenue beginning Monday, June 6, through to Monday, June 13.
It is a round-the-clock closure needed for the main water line tie-in on the east “wing” street and Eighth. Eighth was closed for not quite a week in May on the other side of Grand to Colorado Avenue for water line work.
• The eastbound Exit 116 off-ramp is to be limited to one lane from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through May 26.
• The Grand Avenue bridge will be down to three lanes beginning Monday, June 6, through Monday, June 13. During the morning rush hour, two lanes will be given to upvalley traffic, and in the evening rush hour two lanes will be given to downvalley traffic.
• Utilities other than water lines are to be complete this week for the wing street project.
• The tentative paving date for the west wing street is June 2.
• Construction crews break for the holiday weekend. No work is scheduled from May 27 to May 30 for the Memorial Day weekend.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
From of-age college students in need of wi-fi to basketball fans eager for March Madness, whatever the occasion Bobby Ball said he had a libation for it.