Local eats: White House Pizza
March 17, 2016
I met with White House Pizza's day manager, Brian Thomoff, as I helped him bring down chairs and set up for lunch. I have dined here so many times, and it was nice to see some changes in the menu.
Susie Jimenez: What is a speciality on your drink menu?
Brian Thomoff: We make our own limeade, and they are wonderful for our mojitos during the summer. We try to use as much Colorado-based IPAs so you will always see those rotate. Our signature Bloody Mary called the Red Rooster that has Sriracha and house-made mix.
SJ: What do you have to offer for those with dietary restrictions?
BT: We have gluten free pizzas along with vegetarian pizzas (spinach, artichoke and pesto). The popular pizza right now is the Blue Buffalo, which you will love if you have wings with blue cheese, but it also has caramelized onions. Our salads are huge, and you can share with a group.
SJ: What is something you offer during the summer?
Recommended Stories For You
BT: There is free music on Saturdays right on our patio. I think people like to hang out outside, enjoy some great music and summer drinks. But we are a family friendly restaurant, so we have a great menu for kids to enjoy. We have had teachers bring in kids to do their own pizzas.
SJ: Do you do catering?
BT: Catering is something that a lot of people gravitate toward. We have done weddings and staffed them, too. We have a great menu, and we can set it all up for you so you just have to sit back and enjoy your party. You can go on our website and check our pricing and menu.
Bryan expressed that every day of the week they have different specials, so check them out. You will always have something to enjoy at White House Pizza.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Roaring Fork area weekend planner
- Food column: From Louisiana to Glenwood Springs – home cooking at the Bluebird Cafe
- Comedic chaos features ‘The Nerd’ at CMC’s New Space Theatre
- Glenwood PI Cutest Couple photo contest winner: Victor and Lois Gabossi
- Roaring Fork Youth Poetry Slam returns to Carbondale Friday
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Battlement Mesa drug bust Tuesday leads to four arrests
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Glenwood Springs’ ‘Cutest Couple’ share secrets to love and longevity
- Winter storm watch in effect for upper Roaring Fork Valley, up to 16 inches of snow predicted