Locals to open New Bridge Art
February 1, 2018
Glenwood Springs' Kosmowski family is always pursuing artistic endeavors, whether that's visual art, performing music as Painters Stage or painting faces and creating balloon animals at parties. Their latest endeavor, though, will be even harder to miss.
Ewa, Maks, Noemi and Kris Kosmowski will open New Bridge Art this month. The gallery will be adjacent to Glenwood Springs Brew Garden on Sixth Street, in the space formerly occupied by a garden shop and prominently visible from the Grand Avenue Bridge. The gallery will regularly hold later-than-average gallery hours, to align with events at the brew garden, and the owners intend to host music themselves. They intend to hold events on every second Friday, to coincide with Glen-a-Palooza, Noemi Kosmowski said. A grand opening, date to be announced, will feature music from Defiance String Band.
The gallery will show art by the Kosmowskis, who mostly focus on painting, as well as local artists of other mediums. Noemi Kosmowksi will also hold live demonstrations as she paints furniture. The family imagines a variety of happenings are possible.
"We haven't yet visualized what might happen there," she said.
Trending In: Entertainment
- First person on the scene recounts early Friday wreck that shook New Castle
- Search in Pitkin County along Crystal River for missing Delta man unsuccessful
- Crime Briefs: After speeding without a valid license, suspect leads police on foot chase
- UPDATE: EB I-70 reopened between Silt and New Castle
- Rifle High School seniors’ exit celebrated alongside principal’s departure