Locals to open New Bridge Art
February 1, 2018
Glenwood Springs' Kosmowski family is always pursuing artistic endeavors, whether that's visual art, performing music as Painters Stage or painting faces and creating balloon animals at parties. Their latest endeavor, though, will be even harder to miss.
Ewa, Maks, Noemi and Kris Kosmowski will open New Bridge Art this month. The gallery will be adjacent to Glenwood Springs Brew Garden on Sixth Street, in the space formerly occupied by a garden shop and prominently visible from the Grand Avenue Bridge. The gallery will regularly hold later-than-average gallery hours, to align with events at the brew garden, and the owners intend to host music themselves. They intend to hold events on every second Friday, to coincide with Glen-a-Palooza, Noemi Kosmowski said. A grand opening, date to be announced, will feature music from Defiance String Band.
The gallery will show art by the Kosmowskis, who mostly focus on painting, as well as local artists of other mediums. Noemi Kosmowksi will also hold live demonstrations as she paints furniture. The family imagines a variety of happenings are possible.
"We haven't yet visualized what might happen there," she said.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The lessons learned onstage from Glenwood Springs student actor
- Whit’s End: Join other readers through Colorado Mountain College’s Common Reader program
- Music: The tragedy of the ‘Layla’ coda
- CMC’s Common Reader tour welcomes ‘No Barriers’ author
- Carbondale film ‘How We Grow’ to premier at Colorado Environmental Film Festival
- Glenwood Springs High School students lead walk-out in solidarity with Florida victims
- Two new downtown restaurants offer global cuisine in Glenwood Springs
- Illegal bear killing spurs hunting ban
- Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario shares thoughts on gun control
- Photos: Glenwood Springs High School students lead walk out in solidarity with Florida victims