Fire at 914 Blake Ave. | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire at 914 Blake Ave.

Glenwood Springs firefighters responded at 2:50 p.m. Friday to a small fire that started in the laundry room of a house at 914 Blake Ave.

Resident Erin Roginski said it was lucky someone was home at the time.

“It was a miracle,” she said.



Roginski’s roommate, Cati Durrett, discovered the fire – which started in the dryer – around 2:40 p.m., just as the two were leaving. Durrett tried to douse the flames with some water, but the room became too smoky, so she called 911 and went outside.

“If she wasn’t there, it could have been a tragedy,” Roginski said of Durrett.



Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly. The amount of smoke and fire damage was unknown.

Photo by Jim Noelker.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User