Forest restoration projects share $1 million in grants | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Forest restoration projects share $1 million in grants

FORT COLLINS ” The State Forest Service has awarded $1 million in grants for 12 forest restoration projects to protect water supplies, reduce fire risk and address other issues.

The projects are in Boulder, Eagle, Grand, Lake, LaPlata, Larimer, Las Animas, Mesa, Park, Summit and Teller counties. The winners were announced Tuesday.

The grants were established by the Legislature this year. They were intended to encourage local groups to cooperate on forest projects.



The state will fund up to 60 percent of the cost of each project. Local organizers are responsible for providing the other 40 percent through cash, in-kind contributions, federal funds or other sources.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News


See more