Garfield County awards six grants for the third quarter cycle
Garfield County commissioners awarded $22,500 to six nonprofits in the third quarter grant cycle Monday. The grant fund has $38,500 for the final round of grants later this year.
Three organizations received $5,000, the maximum amount allowed:
- Western Slope Veterans Coalition for ongoing services
- Mt. Sopris Historical Society to improve the Thompson House and Museum in Carbondale
- Colorado Mission of Mercy for an October dental clinic in Glenwood Springs
Three groups received $2,500 in grants:
- National Finals Sheepdog Trials for the September event at the Strang Ranch
- Aspen Community Foundation for the GlenX Career Expo in Rifle
- Roaring Fork Music Society for continued programs
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Court documents reveal efforts of law enforcement to catch individuals seeking sex with children.