Glenwood Springs, Rifle City Hall closed for Memorial Day
Glenwood Springs and Rifle city halls and all Garfield County offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Memorial Day, according to new releases from both cities and the county. Town offices in Carbondale, New Castle, Silt and Parachute will also be closed.
Glenwood Springs said in the release that all city administrative offices and non-emergency services will be closed on Monday. The Glenwood Springs Community Center will stay open, operating on normal business hours.
Memorial Day Weekend Closures and Regular Business Hours
- City Hall: (including Police Records, Administrative Offices and Municipal Court): closed Monday, May 29; Reopens Tuesday with regular business hours 7:30-5:30 p.m; City Hall is closed Fridays.
- South Canyon Landfill: Closed May 27 and May 29; Reopens Tuesday with regular business hours 8 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays; The landfill is closed on Sundays.
- Recycling Center: Closed Saturday, May 27; Regular business hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays; The Recycling Center is closed Sundays through Tuesdays.
- Community Art Center: Closed Monday, May 29; Regular business hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- Glenwood Springs Community Center: Open with regular business hours Memorial Day weekend; Regular business hours are 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays through Thursday; 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday. The Community Center is closed on Sundays.
All Rifle city offices will be closed on Monday. Normal business hours will resume on Tuesday. Trash collection within the city will be delayed by one day.
All Garfield County offices of elected officials and county administrative departments are closed Monday, as well. Staff functions that serve the community in emergency or 24-hour capacities remain in operation, as needed, and administrative offices of such departments are closed, a county news release states..
The Rifle Garfield County Airport is open for general aviation, weather permitting, although the airport’s administrative offices are closed. Anyone needing assistance can call 970-230-1685.
The Garfield County Landfill near Rifle is also closed on Monday.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.