Grand Ave. bridge pedestrian catwalk coming down this week
The Grand Avenue bridge communication team provided this summary of construction activity planned for the week of Feb. 8-14. Changes occur rapidly in the project, and at times, work has been done on different days than originally planned and been done more quickly than initially envisioned.
A contractor open house regarding Seventh Street utility work is planned at 9 a.m. Feb. 12 in the project information office above Italian Underground, 715 Grand Ave.
The catwalk from the existing pedestrian bridge to the metal ramp alongside the traffic bridge is to be demolished. The work will take place between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Seventh Street is expected to be closed during this work.
In addition, the northeast access to the pedestrian bridge will be closed at times.
• For approximately three weeks, the Grand Avenue Bridge will have periodic, variable lane closures in each direction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The contractor will be working to install the temporary walkway along the existing traffic bridge.
• Seventh Street will be fully closed at times from Colorado Avenue to Cooper Street. Crews at times will be able to open the south lane to one-way (eastbound) traffic.
• River Street will have restricted vehicular access, with traffic control in the area.
• Wing Street is expected to be closed to traffic.
• Interstate 70 eastbound at exit 116 will be reduced to one lane of traffic, with the speed limit reduced to 40 mph.
Parking is not allowed along the north lane of Seventh from Colorado to Cooper.
Glenwood Hot Springs west pool parking lot closed. Parking is available at the old Bighorn Toyota with shuttle service to the Glenwood Hot Springs.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.