Here’s what you read online in 2016
Readers of postindependent.com gravitate toward traffic, crime and tragedy, metrics show.
1. Glenwood Canyon was closed by rockfall for nearly a week in February.
2. Ford supercars clocked at 101 mph in Glenwood Canyon in September.
3. Edurado Ortiz-Muniz was killed in a Glenwood Canyon crash in May.
4. Two Jeeps were abandoned in July in the upper Crystal River watershed.
5. A $1 million settlement was reached in February in a mountain bike dog attack.
6. Erick Mondragon, 20, of Glenwood Springs and his passenger, Amalia Cabrera-Torres, 19, were killed in August in an accident on U.S. 6.
7. Green Dragon Cannabis buys Breckenridge dispensary (January)
8. ER doctor Bill Bevins died in a freak hiking accident in June.
9. Amtrak’s westbound California Zephyr hit a pickup truck west of Glenwood Springs on May 31. The driver was able to crawl away from the ugly crash.
10. A house was destroyed and two damaged in early November in a spectacular fire south of Glenwood.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
According to the New Castle Police Department’s official Facebook page, a “string of arson-related fires” have occurred in the town recently. Law enforcement believes “the fires to all be related.”