Here’s what you read online in 2016
Readers of postindependent.com gravitate toward traffic, crime and tragedy, metrics show.
1. Glenwood Canyon was closed by rockfall for nearly a week in February.
2. Ford supercars clocked at 101 mph in Glenwood Canyon in September.
3. Edurado Ortiz-Muniz was killed in a Glenwood Canyon crash in May.
4. Two Jeeps were abandoned in July in the upper Crystal River watershed.
5. A $1 million settlement was reached in February in a mountain bike dog attack.
6. Erick Mondragon, 20, of Glenwood Springs and his passenger, Amalia Cabrera-Torres, 19, were killed in August in an accident on U.S. 6.
7. Green Dragon Cannabis buys Breckenridge dispensary (January)
8. ER doctor Bill Bevins died in a freak hiking accident in June.
9. Amtrak’s westbound California Zephyr hit a pickup truck west of Glenwood Springs on May 31. The driver was able to crawl away from the ugly crash.
10. A house was destroyed and two damaged in early November in a spectacular fire south of Glenwood.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User