Leadership class seeks project ideas
The Roaring Fork Leadership Class of 2017 is seeking ideas for community change initiative projects.
Each year, the Roaring Fork Leadership Class is required to develop a practical, hands-on activity to practice the art of leadership. The class project focuses on the process of collaboration, whereby class members agree to share a purpose that will bring learning, awareness and change on important issues into the community. The Class of 2017 is 38 strong, and six projects will be selected.
The projects most likely to be selected will:
• Have a direct and positive change impact on the community.
• Be consistent with RFL’s mission.
• Have a narrow and specific scope.
• Involve available data or information that can result in a high-quality solution.
• Include a sense of urgency and energy to resolve the issue now.
Sources of projects include:
• A community organization that needs an RFL team to do detailed planning or needs help with implementation of an action plan to create change.
• A larger-scale community project in need of an RFL team to help develop ideas and a plan for implementation of a change project component.
• A gap that exists in our community where the interests and the competencies of an RFL team could help close the gap and create change.
The mission of Roaring Fork Leadership is “developing leaders for the community.” The 10-month program brings diverse leaders from the Roaring Fork valley together for a year of skill development necessary for effective leadership, as well as network building to strengthen the bonds of our community. The class project component is completed by the class graduation in May 2017.
If you have a project that you would like to propose for a project, the Project Idea Form is available at http://www.rfleadership.org. For more information, contact Roaring Fork Center for Community Leadership’s executive director, Andrea Palm-Porter, at 970-922-6035 or email@example.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.