Local Sports Briefs
Glenwood Springs, CO Colorado
Richard Blake belted a hole-in-one at Glenwood Springs Golf Club on Monday.
Swinging a 7-iron, Blake’s shot found the cup from 160 yards out on the third hole. Dave Leety and Michelle and Bob Dressel witnessed the shot.
The River Valley Ranch Ladies Golf Club is holding its opening day on Tuesday, May 15.
A short meeting, with coffee and rolls, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Play begins at 9 a.m. All abilities are welcome.
Call the clubhouse at 963-3625 to sign up. For more information, call Nancy at 945-7168 or Pat at 963-1775.
The Titan Trot 5K will be held May 12 at 9 a.m. at Cactus Valley Elementary in Silt. This is a fundraiser to benefit the Coal Ridge High School booster club and is part of the Colorado River Valley Charity Race Series.
For more information or to register, contact Gina at 618-7237 or Alisa at 274-0222.
Three Rivers Youth Football is gearing up for its fall season, and registration time is here.
Town-by-town information on when/where/how to sign up:
• Aspen: Contact Ron Morehead at 618-0354 for information.
• Basalt: Contact town representative Mitch Levy at 319-0155 for more information.
• Carbondale: Contact Scott Fitzwilliams at 945-1206 for information.
• Glenwood Springs: May 15, Sopris Elementary, 4:30-6:30 p.m.; town representative is Jay Mencimer, 309-1278
• New Castle: May 9-10, Riverside Middle School, 5:30-7 p.m.; town representatives are Tracy Jensen, 404-1498, and Kyle Whitaker, 618-0373
• Silt: May 9-10, Cactus Valley Elementary, 5:30-7 p.m.; town representative is Barbie Dimarco, 618-0730
• Rifle: May 9, Rifle Middle School, 5-6:30 p.m.; town representative is Ryan Mackley, 319-2073
• Parachute: May 10-11, St. John Elementary, 6-7 p.m.; town representative is Mark Mooney, 260-9823
• Meeker: May 8, Meeker Recreation Center, 6:30-8 p.m.; town representative is JaNae Shelton, 878-9846
Registrations can also be made online at tryfootball.org. However, in-person registration is preferred to ensure a place on a team.
Mr. T’s Fishing Derby is slated for Saturday, May 12, from 1-4 p.m. at Grand River Park in New Castle.
The free event, put on by New Castle Cub Scouts Pack No. 221 and New Castle Recreation, is for children 3 to 15 years old. Bring a fishing pole and bait. Call John at 984-0288 for more information.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Izzy Knaus comes from a family of doctors and teachers – her dad and grandpa are both established physicians in the Roaring Fork Valley, and while she grew up in a family that had already…