Carbondale water restrictions to end Monday
October 10, 2018
On Oct. 15, Carbondale town officials will be lifting the water restrictions that were put into place on July 30 due to the drought conditions and low river levels.
The town ditches will also be turned off and stop flowing at that time. Flows in the Crystal River have improved and the demands on the town's domestic water supply have been reduced to a manageable level, according to Town Manager Jay Harrington.
"The Town of Carbondale would like to thank the community for reducing demands without the need for additional restrictive measures," he said in a news release.
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood Caverns retires the old Iron Mountain Tramway
- Glenwood Springs Council clashes over proposed vacation rental moratorium
- Garfield Sheriff says Prop 112 would be devastating
- Occupant in camper trailer injured, driver arrested after Highway 82 crash Monday
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape