Glenwood Springs house fire contained to bedroom | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Glenwood Springs house fire contained to bedroom

GLENWOOD SPRINGS — A juvenile playing with matches or a lighter was believed to be the cause of a fire in a single-family residence on South Grand Avenue near Rosebud Cemetery on Tuesday afternoon, according to the Glenwood Springs Fire Department.

A female occupant and three juveniles escaped unharmed when the fire broke out at 3 p.m. at 3312 S. Grand Ave., fire department spokesman Pete Bradshaw said.

Firefighters were on scene within four minutes, and the fire, contained to a single bedroom, was knocked down in 13 minutes, Bradshaw said.

“The contents of the room were destroyed, but the rest of the structure was only lightly damaged,” he said. The family was displaced from the home, he said.

Bradshaw said indications are that the fire was started by one of the juveniles in the bedroom where the fire originated.

No other structures were damaged, and no injuries were reported.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User