RFSD sets 2019-20 kindergarten, preschool registration
Registration for the Roaring Fork Schools’ kindergarten and early childhood programs for the 2019-20 school year is set to take place from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 5.
According to a news release from the Roaring Fork School District, kindergarten is open to all students who will be 5 years old on or before Oct. 1, 2019. The early childhood program is open to all children between the ages of 12 months (and walking) and 5 years. Parents can also register their children for the early childhood program on April 10.
This includes district elementary schools in Glenwood Springs (Sopris, Glenwood Springs Elementary and Riverview PreK-8 School); Carbondale (Crystal River Elementary); and Basalt Elementary School.
The district charter Carbondale Community School runs a separate lottery for enrollment. More information can be found at http://discovercompass.org/carbondale-community-school/admissions/
Support Local Journalism
• Basalt Elementary – 6 p.m. April 4
• Crystal River Elementary – 5:30 p.m. April 2
• Carbondale Community School – 5-6 p.m. Feb. 28 (applications due March 21)
• Glenwood Springs Elementary – 5:30-6:30 p.m. April 3
• Riverview School – 5:30-6:30 p.m. March 19
• Sopris Elementary – 6-7 p.m. April 1
School tours available
• Basalt Elementary – 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 21 and 28 and March 7 and 14
• Crystal River Elementary – 8:30-9:30 am. every Thursday in February and March
• Carbondale Community School – 1 p.m. Tuesdays in February and March (Call for an appointment at 970-963-9647)
• Glenwood Springs Elementary – 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Friday in February and March, or call for an appointment.
• Riverview School – Any day in February or March between 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
• Sopris Elementary – Every Tuesday morning in February and March starting at 9 a.m.
There will be no tours the week of spring break
For registration day on April 5, bilingual staff will be present to assist families with the process.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User