RFSD sets 2019-20 kindergarten, preschool registration
February 13, 2019
Registration for the Roaring Fork Schools' kindergarten and early childhood programs for the 2019-20 school year is set to take place from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 5.
According to a news release from the Roaring Fork School District, kindergarten is open to all students who will be 5 years old on or before Oct. 1, 2019. The early childhood program is open to all children between the ages of 12 months (and walking) and 5 years. Parents can also register their children for the early childhood program on April 10.
This includes district elementary schools in Glenwood Springs (Sopris, Glenwood Springs Elementary and Riverview PreK-8 School); Carbondale (Crystal River Elementary); and Basalt Elementary School.
The district charter Carbondale Community School runs a separate lottery for enrollment. More information can be found at http://discovercompass.org/carbondale-community-school/admissions/
• Basalt Elementary – 6 p.m. April 4
Recommended Stories For You
• Crystal River Elementary – 5:30 p.m. April 2
• Carbondale Community School – 5-6 p.m. Feb. 28 (applications due March 21)
• Glenwood Springs Elementary – 5:30-6:30 p.m. April 3
• Riverview School – 5:30-6:30 p.m. March 19
• Sopris Elementary – 6-7 p.m. April 1
School tours available
• Basalt Elementary – 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 21 and 28 and March 7 and 14
• Crystal River Elementary – 8:30-9:30 am. every Thursday in February and March
• Carbondale Community School – 1 p.m. Tuesdays in February and March (Call for an appointment at 970-963-9647)
• Glenwood Springs Elementary – 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Friday in February and March, or call for an appointment.
• Riverview School – Any day in February or March between 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
• Sopris Elementary – Every Tuesday morning in February and March starting at 9 a.m.
There will be no tours the week of spring break
For registration day on April 5, bilingual staff will be present to assist families with the process.
Trending In: Local
- Rock Bottom Ranch goes whole hog on sustainable agriculture education
- Your Watershed Column: Wild & Scenic Film Festival stops in Glenwood, Rifle
- #PostSnaps: Check out this week’s reader-submitted photos
- Colorado Mountain College acknowledged for climate education leadership
- Dispute between RFTA, drivers’ union heading to arbitration
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death