Strange but true …
• If you’re heading to the state of Washington with mischief on your mind, you’ll need to keep in mind this state law: “A motorist with criminal intentions (must) stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he (or she) is entering the town.” I’ll bet that one has been really effective in stopping crime.
• You might be surprised to learn that only 3 percent of all mammal species actually mate for life.
• If you’re an average person having an average dream, it will last about 20 minutes.
• It was Irishman Cedric Gibbons who designed the Oscar statuette given to the recipients of the annual Academy Awards. Interestingly, Gibbons moved to Hollywood and worked for MGM as an art director and set designer, and his work earned him 11 of the Oscars that he himself designed.
• You probably think you know that bears love honey — after all, popular culture is full of images of bears going after a hive. The bears do, in fact, eat the honey, but they’re really after the bees, their pupae and their larvae.
• If you are a logophile, you might know that the word “obstreperous” means “noisy and difficult to control.” You probably don’t realize, though, that the noun most likely to follow the word “obstreperous” is “teenager.” But I doubt you’ll be surprised.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Roaring Fork Schools volunteers who have already completed a comparable background check through an approved entity would be good to go.