Sunlight settles for one more long weekend before full opening
December 6, 2018
Sunlight Mountain will be open for another three-day weekend Friday through Sunday, before opening full time for the season on Dec. 14, according to resort officials.
"Currently, 100 percent of beginner and intermediate terrain is open thanks to more than 4 feet of snow that has fallen so far this season," Troy Hawks, director of sales and marketing for the Glenwood Springs-area resort said this week.
"We anticipate getting more advanced black diamond terrain open this weekend. Our East Ridge extreme terrain area will require another storm or two to get open, but right now it's in some of the best shape we've seen this early in the season than we have in years."
Lifts will operate this weekend from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with an early season $45 lift ticket for adults and children. Sunlight will close again Monday through Thursday next week before opening again for a full seven-days-a-week schedule next Friday. At that time, lift tickets will be full price at $65 for adult and $45 for children, Hawks said.
On Dec. 15, Sunlight hosts its annual Demo Days, featuring free photos with Santa and free ski and snowboard demos, plus opportunities to "demo" ski and snowboard instructors and snowmobile tours.
Sunlight opened on Nov. 23 with weekend-only operations, one of the ski area's earliest openings ever.
Recommended Stories For You
"We've averaged about 350 skiers and riders per day during that time and expect those numbers to swell this weekend," Hawks said.
Trending In: Local
- Hillman column: Tough choices ahead for Colorado Republicans
- Doctor’s Tip: What the healthiest diet looks like
- River Bridge Regional Center opens additional Glenwood property to continue combating sexual assault in the Roaring Fork Valley
- Xcel energizes Western Colorado interest in renewables
- Hotel Jerome, Redstone Castle featured on new season of Rocky Mountain PBS’s ‘Colorado Experience’