Make reservations for Adventures in Aging
The Post Independent and several partners are holding the first-ever Adventures in Aging event for area residents to learn about keeping your body, brain and finances healthy.
The event, to be held Saturday, March 5, at Carbondale’s Third Street Center and sponsored by Valley View Hospital, Visiting Angels and Garfield County Senior Programs in addition to the PI, is open to the public, but space will be limited. To reserve a spot, reach out to Angelyn Frankenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-384-9102.
Adventures in Aging will feature several Post Independent contributing columnists, along with keynote speaker Mark Wester, director of the Colorado Office of Community Access and Independence.
Personal finance columnist Danielle Howard, who owns Wealth by Design in Basalt, also will speak.
The afternoon will feature two sets of breakout sessions presented by:
• Dr. Greg Feinsinger, who retired last year from Glenwood Medical Associates and who writes a weekly tip for the PI on a range of diet and wellness issues.
• Interventional spine specialist Dr. Dustin M. Cole, medical director of the Comprehensive Spine Center at Valley View Hospital.
• Sandro Torres, author, owner of Custom Body Fitness in Carbondale and monthly PI columnist.
• Frankenberg, who writes our monthly Successful Aging column, will present on keeping your brain fit.
• Judson Haims of Visiting Angels on difficult conversations.
• Paul Smith from Brown & Brown law firm on estate planning.
Lunch from Valley View’s cafeteria will be provided; donations to cover lunch will be accepted. Transportation for those needing it can be arranged by calling Judy Martin, Garfield County’s senior programs director, at 970-945-9191, ext. 3061.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.