New Castle Committees
Kevin O’Brien, Chuck Apostolik, Pam Bunn, Phil Danielson, Emily Quinn
There are currently two seats are vacant.
– The planning and Zoning Commission maintains the Town master plan. It also makes recommendations to the town council on regulations governing the subdivision of land, regulations for the Town’s zoning districts, and land development applications, with Council making the final decisions.
Margot Eicher, Virginia Erickson, Bob Gordon, Harry Mussell, Judy Shaffer, Deb Sterwart
– The mission of the Senior Housing Committee is to explore the creation of a Senior Campus in the New Castle area.
Steve Crave, Virginia Erickson, Kevin O’Brien, Greg Russi, Tom Underwood, Bill Wentzel
– This Committee makes recommendations to Town Council on developing public open space into community recreation areas.
David Schroeder, Creed Clayton, Doug DeNio, Frank Breslin, Bucky Moser, Brandon Newton, Eileen Wysocki
– The Climate Action Advisory Commission develops and provides recommendations to the Town Council on how the Town can meet the goals of the U.S. Mayor’s Climate Protection Agreement. They meet monthly or less often to discuss projects and their implementations.
Terms of service are staggered, with the town controlling appointments when a member’s term expires.
Charlie Ringer, Mary Lou Haflinger, Frank Breslin, Steve Vandel
– The Historic Preservation Commission reviews proposals to designate properties as historic landmarks, advises property owners on physical and financial aspects of property preservation, advises Town Council on matters related to preserving the historic character of the Town, and performs related duties.
Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Duane Guettler, Art Riddile
Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Duane Guettler, Bob Gordon
Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Riddile, Greg Russi
Frank Breslin, Duane Guettler, Riddile, Greg Russi
Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Duane Guettler, Greg Russi, Bob Gordon, Bruce Leland, Art Riddile
Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Greg Russi, Bob Gordon
Frank Breslin, Duane Guettler, Bruce Leland, Bob Gordon
Frank Breslin, Duane Guettler, Bruce Leland, Art Riddile
Members: Frank Breslin, Pam Bunn, Bruce Leland, Greg Russi
Members: Frank Breslin, Bob Gordon (Alternate)
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Strawberry Shortcut race, usually held during June’s Strawberry Days, is coming back to downtown Glenwood Springs. The 43rd annual race is slated for Aug. 28 after not having a race in 2020 due to…