Criselda Chavez (April 22, 1930 — December 3, 2018)
December 6, 2018
Criselda Chavez passed away December 3, 2018 at her home in Rifle. Criselda was born to Everisto Martinez and Elena Chacon on April 22, 1930 in Canjilon, New Mexico. Criselda was a woman of dignity and grace. Her strong work ethic and family values set an example to family and friends in the community.
Criselda leaves behind her daughters, Mary Helen Leyba (Andy), Esther Jones (Lee), Roselia Molina Garza (Jose), and Virginia Escalante (Fernando). Also surviving are her sisters, Matilda Morales, Rafelita Martinez; Brothers, Amadeo and Joe Martinez; Sister-in-law, Avelina Martinez; 11 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren, and a special grandson she adopted in her heart.
Criselda was preceded in death by her two infant sons, Fred Randolph and Joe Chavez.
Visitation will take place at the Rifle Funeral Home on Sunday, December 9, 2018 from 5 – 7pm. Services will be held Monday, December 10, 2018 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle, Colorado. A Rosary will start at 10:00am and Mass will begin at 11:00am, followed by interment at Rose Hill Cemetery in Rifle. A luncheon will take place at St. Mary's after the burial. Family suggest Memorial Contributions be made to the Salvation Army.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Roaring Fork public school teachers get pay raise
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them