James Milender (April 22, 1939 — January 8, 2019)
January 14, 2019
Jim passed peacefully with his wife and stepdaughter Chareen at his side.
Jim was born to Wilbert and Maybelle (Hefferin) Milender in Casper, Wyoming, and passed away at Hope West Hospice in Grand Junction, CO.
Jim worked as a heavy equipment operator and truck driver, having owned businesses in both fields.
Jim was preceded in death by both his parents, brothers Leonard and Jack, sister Francis and daughter Kimberly. He is survived by his wife, Linda; son Robin; stepsons, Bill and Theron Eiland; daughter Shannon, stepdaughter Chareen Strantz; brother, Doug (Linda) Milender; 6 grandkids; 3 great-grandkids; and many nieces and nephews.
A celebration of his life will be held April 27. Details will be posted in the paper in April.
The family requests in lieu of flowers to please make donations to Hope West Hospice, 2754 Compass Drive, Ste 377, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic