Obituary: Jane Fightlin
October 31, 2018
Jane Fightlin passed away in the early morning of Tuesday, October 30. Jane's home for the last decade of her life had been the Veterans' Community Living Center in Rifle. She had served in the Navy during World War II, returning from Europe where she had spent her childhood to serve her country.
Jane lived her life fully and with an adventurous soul. She shared her love of nature, athletics, music, literature, and art with her fortunate children: Cedricka, Rachel, Jonathan, and Billy. They remember joyous times of skiing, hiking, and going to concerts. She always made the dinner table an opportunity to share together our days and our thoughts. She loved nothing better than a good joke.
Jane is survived by her children; her grandchildren, Joshua, Matthew, and Eric Smith, Sam Fightlin, Jonathan and Matthew Day; her great grandchild, Kira; and her nephews Bruce and Dorsey McConnell.
A memorial service will be held at the Colorado Veterans home on Friday, November 2nd, at 9:30 a.m.
Jane's children thank the Veterans' Home for the extraordinary and loving care of their mother, and ask that in lieu of flowers, donations be sent to The Veterans' Community Living Center in Rifle
Trending In: Obituaries
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte