Paul J. Froio
February 11, 2019
Paul J. Froio, 74, of Rifle, Colorado, passed away peacefully on Friday, February 1, 2019, holding his daughter's hand and with his best friend by his side, after a month in Hospice care. He leaves his son Shane Froio, daughter Tara Charlesworth & son-in-law Eric, grandsons Austin, Uriaha and Tristan, and granddaughter Maya, his four sisters-Pauline, Beverly, Janice & Rosemarie, and his brother Jack. He also leaves his life-long friend Charles Bagley from Revere, Massachusetts, who helped care for him in his final days.
Paul grew up in Melrose, Massachusetts, and attended St. Mary's Grammar School, and Christopher Columbus High School in Boston. He later moved to Colorado and became an avid skier and formidable bridge player. His greatest pride was his grandchildren, and his love for them will surely be missed.
A service in his memory will be held on Saturday, February 16th, at 11:00a.m. at St. Mary's Church in Rifle, Colorado, followed by a reception.
In lieu of flowers please consider donations to Hospice of the Valley or Meals on Wheels.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Car goes into river on I-70 near Glenwood Springs
- Alleged Glenwood Springs child traffickers appear in court
- Moffat County couple dies after plane crashes in ‘Nevada Triangle’
- Glenwood’s downtown parking problems headed toward permit solution