Walter E. Bachus (September 7, 1921 — April 6, 2018)
April 17, 2018
Walter E. Bachus, 96, passed away April 6, 2018, at the Colorado State Veterans Care Center in Rifle, Colorado. He was born September 7, 1921, to Paul and Carrie Bachus in Alamosa, Colorado. He served in the U.S. Army from 1942 to 1945. Walter married Shirley Wilcox on July 21, 1944. They had two sons, Gary and Ken, and a daughter, Susan. Walter loved camping, fishing and hunting, and riding his ATV. He also enjoyed watching Westerns. Walter was a master carpenter, and a Millwright Machinery Erector.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Shirley; daughter, Susan; and brother, Bruce. Walter is survived by his two sons, five grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
A celebration of Life will be held May 12th at the Valley Senior Center in Parachute, Colorado, at 1:00p.m. Family suggest memorial contributions be made to Valley Senior Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents
- CDOT’s Winter Blitz DUI enforcement campaign begins Friday
- Street sales tax question headed to Glenwood Springs voters in April