William Clyde Abbott (November 8, 1947 — January 6, 2019)
January 8, 2019
William Clyde Abbott, 71, of Rifle, Colorado, passed away January 6, 2019. William was born November 8, 1947, to Leroy and Lela (Herd) Abbott in Worland, Wyoming. He married Charla Abbott May 4, 1996, in Dove Creek, Colorado. William aka Willy was an avid outdoorsman — fishing, hunting, camping and taking country road "shortcuts" were some of his hobbies. Willy was also a diehard Denver Broncos fan, a golfer and a pool shark. Willy was a decorated Navy Vietnam Veteran Honorably discharged in 1973. He began his construction career as a concrete foreman and proudly passed the love of the building on to his daughter, Jennifer. A good cheeseburger and some milk duds were amongst his favorite foods. His wife Charla always baking some kind of deliciousness made him quite proud of his waistline. Willy was well known and loved by all who knew him. He was a gentle giant with a heart of gold and playful sense of humor.
He is survived by his wife, Charla; Sons, Jeffery Abbott and Louis DePoyster; daughters Jennifer Abbott Rhoads and Jill DePoyster Riley; and nine grandchildren. William is preceded in death by his brothers, Lee Abbott and Roger Mather.
A Celebration of Life will be held Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. at the Elks Lodge BPOE, Rifle, Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic