William Edward Steele
November 28, 2014
Bill passed to the Lord peacefully on Thanksgiving Day at Grace Healthcare in Glenwood Springs.
Bill was a longtime resident of Glenwood Springs and was owner of Valley Electric Supply for 40 years.
Bill was born on Nov. 16, 1930 in Kansas City, Missouri to Edward Francis Steele and Mary Kathryn Orwig who also died on Thanksgiving Day 17 years earlier.
He enlisted in the U.S. Army at age 18 and was sent to Korea. He married the love of his life Viola Mae Holland on March 28, 1953 and had 4 children, Cathy Bunn(Scott) of Albuquerque and 3 sons Michael, Patrick (Selina) and William II all of Glenwood Springs. Bill Also had 5 grandchildren and 1 great grandson all of whom he loved dearly.
He was an avid animal lover, loved boating and camping in Lake Powell and trips to Mexico.
He will be sorely missed. A celebration of life will be determined after the holidays. In Lieu of flowers, contributions in his name can be made to CARE 2801 County Road 114, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents