One injured in propane incident at Glenwood Springs farmers market | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

One injured in propane incident at Glenwood Springs farmers market

Blurred coffee shop interior to use as background or template
Blurred coffee shop interior

A propane leak at the Seventh Street Farmers Market ignited, resulting in one person suffering multiple burns Tuesday evening.

The incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday, according to a city news release. Propane leaked from a 100-pound. tank at one of the vendor’s booths, although an investigation led by Fire Marshal Greg Bak was unable to determine the ignition source. Bak’s investigation concluded the fire was an accident.

The injured person was transported by ambulance to Valley View Hospital, but no other information was given about their condition. 



Market vendors were able to extinguish the flames and shut off the valve of the propane tank before first responders arrived. 

“Always remember to properly use, store, and handle propane tanks. See ‘Fire Prevention’ at glenwoodfire.com for propane tank safety tips,” wrote Glenwood Springs Fire Department emergency service coordinator Mina Bolton in a press release. 



First responders included a fire engine, ambulance, incident commander, five firefighters and the fire marshal.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User