Possible homicide being investigated in Breckenridge
Glenwood Springs, CO Colorado
BRECKENRIDGE, Colorado ” Police are investigating the death 35-year-old man who died outside a Breckenridge restaurant and bar early Monday morning.
The incident is being investigated as a homicide, said Kim Green of the Breckenridge Police Department.
According to the press release by Breckenridge police:
– At 1:18 a.m. on Monday, the Breckenridge Police Department was dispatched to the Salt Creek Steakhouse, at 110 Lincoln Avenue, on the report of a disturbance.
– Upon arrival, officers found bystanders performing CPR on a 35-year-old male. A medical response was requested from the Red, White and Blue Fire Department and Summit County Ambulance.
– The subject was transported to the Summit County Medical Center by Summit County Ambulance where he was pronounced dead at 2:09 a.m.
– Agents from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation responded from Denver to assist with the investigation and the processing of the crime scene.
– Fourteen patrons and employees of the Salt Creek Steakhouse were transported to the Breckenridge Police Department where they were interviewed.
– The Summit County Coroner’s Office is in the process of establishing a positive identification of the subject and notifying next of kin. All information regarding the identity of the victim and cause of death will be released by the Coroner’s Office. This is expected to take several days.
– The Breckenridge Police Department is attempting to locate additional witnesses and two individuals who may have been involved in an altercation with the victim inside the Salt Creek Steakhouse.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Susan Quesada at (970) 547-3137, or if you have information to report about this incident or any other crime, and want to remain anonymous, contact Summit County Crime Stoppers at (866) 453-STOP.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.