Registration now open for the Garfield Re-2 Class of 2033
Garfield School District Re-2 has officially opened the online kindergarten enrollment portal at https://bit.ly/re2_classof2033.
The registration portal can also be found on the Garfield Re-2 website at http://www.garfieldre2.net. Registration information is available in both English and Spanish.
Traditionally, parents and guardians are asked to complete the online portion and then finalize the registration process with an in-person follow-up meeting to provide supporting documentation. This year, families are encouraged to upload all of their supporting documentation via the online portal. School secretaries will contact registered families to follow up regarding their prospective kindergarten student.
Schools may also be holding in-person kindergarten meet-and-greets once the physical distancing requirements are lifted. Individual schools will be reaching out with information if and when these dates are secured.
Important information to know prior to beginning the registration process:
· All kindergarten slots are full-time unless part-time is requested;
· Children must be 5 by Oct. 1, 2020, to be enrolled in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year;
· When registering for kindergarten, parents should have the child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residence documents — this may include a utility bill, driver’s license, rental/lease agreement or property tax statement. Photos of these documents can be taken and uploaded into the online portal;
· Children currently enrolled in a Garfield Re-2 preschool program do not need to register for kindergarten.
· CMC preschool or any other preschool should register online for their home attendance area school;
· All 2020-21 kindergarten students should be enrolled at their home attendance area school.
Messages will be returned
Phones at the schools are still being monitored. If you need assistance enrolling in any Garfield Re-2 kindergarten program, contact your school directly and leave a message. Someone will get back with you shortly.
Cactus Valley Elementary, Silt 970-665-7850
Elk Creek Elementary, New Castle 970-665-6900
Kathryn Senor Elem, New Castle 970-665-7700
Wamsley Elementary, Rifle 970-665-7950
Highland Elementary, Rifle 970-665-6800
Graham Mesa Elementary, Rifle 970-665-7500
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
5PointVoices presenta un espacio segura para la autoexpresión de estudiantes entre de la cinematografía
Diez estudiantes senior en la escuela secundaria de Bridges en Carbondale crearon una película corta documentando sus vidas para un proyecto final. Adam Carballeira, un maestro de inglés en Bridges, enseñó la clase junto con…