City of Rifle hires Duran as new finance director
May 10, 2018
Rifle has chosen its new finance director. Michelle Duran, who was serving as interim finance director, has accepted the permanent position. Duran was hired as a senior accountant in January 2017 and took over as interim finance director in October 2017 after the departure of Teresa Beecraft.
With nearly 30 years as an accountant, Michelle brings a high level of experience to the City's financial team. She has worked in a broad spectrum of accounting fields from working as an auditor for a Big 4 accounting firm to oil and gas exploration and development.
"I appreciate all the team members at the city who have supported me through my transition from interim to permanent director," she said. "I am optimistic that our cooperation will continue as we build on our success and work to provide transparency, teamwork, efficiency and great customer service to our internal customers and our citizens."
Trending In: Rifle
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents
- CDOT’s Winter Blitz DUI enforcement campaign begins Friday
- Street sales tax question headed to Glenwood Springs voters in April