Single-car wreck kills one outside of New Castle
April 2, 2017
Interstate 70 westbound was closed for several hours Sunday after a Jeep went into the median, killing the driver. The individual involved in the single-vehicle wreck has been identified as Christopher Timmes, 65-year old from Littleton.
He was pronounced dead by an emergency department physician at Grand River Hospital and an autopsy is scheduled with the coroner’s office for Monday afternoon.
The wreck occurred just outside of New Castle near mile marker 104 at about 1:52 p.m. on Sunday.
Trending In: Rifle
- Chamber confab ponders state of communities in Western Garfield County
- Stop signs to be added on Rifle’s 16th Street
- Garfield County 4-H sending local to Japan
- Survey shows most Roaring Fork regional residents satisfied with their communities, homes
- Grand River Health officials seek to find alternatives to opioids
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic