Spring tips that will help sell your home
May 3, 2017
It's that time of year again where many people are starting to think about listing their home for sale. If you fall into this category, I wanted to share a few easy, proven and affordable tips that will help you separate your property from the competition. Because your home may well be your most important and valued asset, taking the time to thoughtfully prepare for selling it should always be a top priority.
One of the first steps to undertake is understand why you are selling. Your motivation to sell will help to inform your selling process. Is it to finance your next property? Are you considering a quick sale? Understanding the "why" will help you figure out the "how."
Hopefully, the "how" will include finding a real estate agent who will best reflect your needs and interests. Do your homework when it comes to understanding what the realtor may offer. Look at their marketing and promotion and their ability to leverage their relationships with buyers within the community. Set a mutually agreed upon selling price with your broker to ensure a smooth transition in getting your property solidly on the market.
Finally, once your house is on the market, pay close attention to detail! Appearance matters in the selling process, so consider the small things when it comes to staging your home and making it inviting for the right homebuyer. Your house is someone else's dream come true, so helping that person see their vision in your space will be crucial to closing the deal.
Here are a few more easy and affordable tips to follow:
1) Plant some fresh spring flowers to add a pop to your curb appeal.
Recommended Stories For You
2) Start thinking about where your "stuff" is going to go. Sell it, store it, donate it and do whatever you can to downsize as much as possible. De-clutter and de-personalize your home — trust me, it works!
3) Address the small things that buyers notice like door knobs, lightbulbs and outlet coverings.
4) Re-paint your interior walls to a light, neutral color.
Shawn Manwaring is a Broker Associate with Roaring Fork Sotheby's International Realty in Glenwood Springs. Shawn services Western Garfield County and the lower Roaring Fork Valley. He can be reached at 970-389-6069, Shawn.Manwaring@SIR.com or http://www.ManwaringProperties.com
Trending In: Rifle
- Glenwood Springs Council clashes over proposed vacation rental moratorium
- Garfield Sheriff says Prop 112 would be devastating
- Occupant in camper trailer injured, driver arrested after Highway 82 crash Monday
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Potential Coal Ridge High threat deemed not credible