UPDATE: I-70 westbound headed into Glenwood Canyon open after crash cleanup
January 12, 2018
Colorado Department of Transportation reported Friday afternoon that westbound Interstate 70 was closed at the Dotsero Exit 133 because of a crash cleanup in Glenwood Canyon.
At about 1 p.m., westbound was reopened.
A semi-trailer beer truck had reportedly jack-knifed in the canyon near MM 120, and the tractor was dangling over the railing for a period of time before being removed.
There were no reported injuries.
Trending In: Road Conditions
- UPDATE: EB I-70 reopened between Silt and New Castle
- First person on the scene recounts early Friday wreck that shook New Castle
- Lingering construction has some downtown Glenwood Springs business owners livid
- Crime Briefs: After speeding without a valid license, suspect leads police on foot chase
- Mountain lion sighting in New Castle a good reminder to stay ever aware