For reservations: Carbondale and Glenwood Springs, 945-9117; Parachute, 285-7216 ( 9 a.m. to noon Monday); Rifle, 625-1366; and Silt, 625-1877. Make reservations and cancellations one day in advance.
– Monday, New Castle: Order off the special senior menu at the New Castle Cafe
– Tuesday, Glenwood Springs and Rifle: Tomato juice, chef salad with fixin’s (cheese, turkey, beef, egg, etc.) and ranch dressing, fresh fruit medley, crackers and ice cream cup
– Wednesday, Silt and Parachute: Special site community meal. Call 945-9117 for more information.
– Thursday, Rifle: Orange juice, cold plate with turkey slices, tomato, cheese wedge, vegetable sticks, potato salad, watermelon wedge and crackers
– Friday, Glenwood Springs and Rifle: Tomato juice, summer plate with chilled ham slice, cottage cheese, tomato wedge, cheese wedge, half egg, cantaloupe, three-bean salad and crackers
Crystal Meadows Senior Housing, Rominger Room, Carbondale. Call 945-9117 for meal reservations by noon Tuesday
– July 27: Roast pork, baked sweet potato, steamed asparagus, chocolate eclair dessert, and roll and margarine
11:30 a.m. every Monday
All meals include vegetable and fruit of the day
– Chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes, country gravy and bread
– Chicken tenders with ranch dressing and salad of the day
– Breaded cod with tartar sauce and salad of the day
– Half cold sandwich (ham, turkey or beef) with salad of the day
– Hamburger on whole-wheat bun and salad of the day
– Light side with chicken breast or beef patty, cottage cheese, lettuce, sliced tomato and bread
– Small chef salad with crackers
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.