Some places to turn to on meth matters |

Some places to turn to on meth matters

Since a three-part series on methamphetamine addiction was published recently in the Post Independent, readers have called with questions on the subject.

Some were from addicts seeking help, while others were from concerned citizens wondering how to get in touch with law enforcement regarding meth.

Here are some phone numbers that could be useful in those regards.

Those seeking help with substance abuse may contact:

White River Counseling Center: 625-3416, 945-1228

Colorado West Counseling Center: 945-2583

Colorado West Recovery Center and Detox: 945-8439

For those seeking to contact law enforcement:

Garfield County Sheriff’s Office: 945-0453, then ask for an investigator.

TRIDENT: 945-8790

Or call the applicable local city or town police agency for more information.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User