There’s more wet weather on the way | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

There’s more wet weather on the way

Ryan Graff

While workers at Glenwood Meadows toiled in red mud and meter maids huddled in down jackets, Shane Eagan stood merrily under Wednesday’s cloudy, rainy-snowy skies. “It’s gorgeous out here,” said Eagan, owner of The Stock Pot soup stand located outside the Garfield County Courthouse in Glenwood Springs. “What better time for soup,” he said. Eagan was happy with the snow and cold on all counts. The weather, he said, puts folks in the mood for soup. It also means that it is snowing at Sunlight Mountain Resort, he said, which makes his morning ski trips that much better. Lucky for Eagan, the National Weather Service is forecasting at least a 20 percent chance of precipitation every day through New Year’s Day. Today there is a 30 percent chance of snow during the day and a 40 percent chance tonight, a high of about 30 degrees and a steady 10 mph wind, with gusts up to 20, according to the NWS. Friday should be a bit warmer, a high of 38, but the chance of snow is still 20 percent, with mostly cloudy skies. Snow might help ring in the New Year – a 40 percent chance, at least – with lows in the teens and a high about 36.Of course that forecast is fine with Eagan. “It was dumping like whole snowmen.”Of course that forecast is fine with Eagan. “It was dumping like whole snowmen.”


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User