USDA announces program to help farmers |

USDA announces program to help farmers

Garfield, Eagle and Pitkin County producers can expect financial assistance for crop losses through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency’s Crop Disaster Program. The program is available to producers with qualifying crop losses resulting from damaging weather in crop years 2003 or 2004.Although there is no sign-up deadline, producers can begin organizing relevant crop loss documentation and to schedule an appointment to discuss program eligibility and the application process. For more information, contact the Garfield-Eagle-Pitkin County FSA Office at 945-5494 or visit the USDA Web sites at and

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User