Utility works starts on 6th Street
Here’s what to expect this week in work on the Grand Avenue bridge project.
• Beginning Monday, the Sixth and Laurel intersection and Highway 82 will be reduced to one-lane traffic. This closure, necessary for a 16-inch water line tie-in near Village Inn, will be in place for several weeks.
• Also beginning Monday and lasting until Monday, June 13, Eighth Street will be closed from Grand Avenue to Cooper Avenue. This is a 24-hour, round-the-clock closure for a waterline tie-in on Eighth.
Access to the CMC Parking Garage and Eighth Street businesses will remain open during this closure. Drivers should use Ninth Street as an alternative route.
• The Grand Avenue Bridge will be reduced to three lanes beginning Monday and lasting until Monday, June 13. During the morning rush hour, two lanes will be given to upvalley traffic, and during the evening rush hour two lanes will be given to downvalley traffic. This one-lane closure is necessary for construction equipment to access the Seventh Street utility project and Eighth Street waterline tie-in.
• The Interstate 70 Exit 114 interchange remains in a one-lane configuration. The contractor is making improvements to the roundabouts in anticipation of the August 2017 detour.
• For the next several weeks, expect weekend work.
• Coming soon: The Exit 116 interchange will be closed for one to two nights to complete utility work in the area. Drivers will use Exit 114 as the alternate route.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Garfield County commissioners support Boebert efforts around energy jobs, infrastructure, 30×30 opposition
Garfield County commissioners are offering their unanimous support for two pieces of legislation and a petition for a hearing on a third being put forth by Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo.