Utility works starts on 6th Street
Here’s what to expect this week in work on the Grand Avenue bridge project.
• Beginning Monday, the Sixth and Laurel intersection and Highway 82 will be reduced to one-lane traffic. This closure, necessary for a 16-inch water line tie-in near Village Inn, will be in place for several weeks.
• Also beginning Monday and lasting until Monday, June 13, Eighth Street will be closed from Grand Avenue to Cooper Avenue. This is a 24-hour, round-the-clock closure for a waterline tie-in on Eighth.
Access to the CMC Parking Garage and Eighth Street businesses will remain open during this closure. Drivers should use Ninth Street as an alternative route.
• The Grand Avenue Bridge will be reduced to three lanes beginning Monday and lasting until Monday, June 13. During the morning rush hour, two lanes will be given to upvalley traffic, and during the evening rush hour two lanes will be given to downvalley traffic. This one-lane closure is necessary for construction equipment to access the Seventh Street utility project and Eighth Street waterline tie-in.
• The Interstate 70 Exit 114 interchange remains in a one-lane configuration. The contractor is making improvements to the roundabouts in anticipation of the August 2017 detour.
• For the next several weeks, expect weekend work.
• Coming soon: The Exit 116 interchange will be closed for one to two nights to complete utility work in the area. Drivers will use Exit 114 as the alternate route.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.