Wednesday afternoon death in Glenwood Springs believed to be heroin-related | PostIndependent.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Wednesday afternoon death in Glenwood Springs believed to be heroin-related

One man is dead and another was hospitalized after a suspected accidental heroin overdose at a downtown Glenwood Springs residence Wednesday afternoon.

According to a Glenwood Springs Police Department news release, emergency responders were called at 2:29 p.m. to the 800 block of Bennett Avenue where they found two men in their 20s unconscious, with friends and neighbors performing CPR.

Bystanders told fire and police personnel they believed it was a drug overdose. Both men were transported to Valley View Hospital, where one man survived and the other was pronounced dead. The name of the man who died was not immediately released.

“The cause of death is believed at this time to be an accidental heroin overdose,” according to a police statement. “Investigation into the source of the heroin is ongoing.”


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User