Your city needs you |

Your city needs you

Staff Report

GLENWOOD SPRINGS – Calling all volunteers!

Fourteen boards, committees and commissions in the City of Glenwood Springs are short at least one member and the city is looking for new members.

To be eligible for any of the positions, the applicant must be a Glenwood Springs city resident.

As of Thursday, there were openings on the Airport Board, the Alcohol Beverage Hearing Board, the Board of Adjustment and Appeals, the Building Contractors Licensing Board, the Downtown Development Authority Board, the Financial Advisory Board, the Historic Preservation Commission, the Housing for Tomorrow Commission, the Planning and Zoning Commission, the River Commission, the Transportation Commission and the Victim’s Assistance Law Enforcement, or VALE Board.

Applications and descriptions of the powers and duties of each board are available at the city clerk’s office in City Hall, 101 W. 8th St.

The deadline for applying is 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31.

City Council will consider each application and make the appointments at the Thursday, Feb. 6, regular meeting.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.