Dr. Terrance Edward Kelly (August 23, 1940 — June 8, 2017)
Dr. Terrance Edward Kelly, of Glenwood Springs, passed away on June 8, 2017, in Denver, Colorado, with family by his side.
Terry was born August 23, 1940, in Leadville, Colorado. He attended St. Mary’s Elementary School, Lake County High School, Regis College, and obtained his medical degree from the University of Colorado. Upon completion of residency, he was enlisted as a physician in the US Navy Public Health Services, and was stationed in Taos, New Mexico. He and his family eventually settled down in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Over the course of 25 years, he committed himself to serving his community as a pediatric and family medicine physician. He applied the same selflessness to his family and the raising of his five children. He took a keen interest in their education, and helped to found St. Stephen’s Catholic School in Glenwood Springs. He loved the outdoor life that Colorado had to offer, and could oftentimes be found on long walks, enjoying its beauty. He summited many “fourteeners,” enjoyed fishing, taking his family camping, and helping with the Boy Scouts. Other interests included gardening, as well as a passion for genealogy. He was a devout member of the Catholic Church, and active in the church community as a member of the Knights of Columbus.
He is survived by his children, Timothy (Tammy) Kelly, Shannon Kelly-Zelenka, Shawn (Glenda) Kelly, Brandon (Samantha) Kelly, and Patrick (Valerie) Kelly; six grandchildren, Kamrynn, Connor, Marek, Kaitlyn, Nolan and Miles; his former wife, Barbara (Braun) Kelly; his brother, Lawrence Kelly, and many cousins, nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents, Edward J. Kelly, Sr. and Ruth B. Kelly, as well as his siblings, MaryRuth Nivens of Leadville and Edward J. Kelly, Jr. of Catonsville, MD.
A memorial service will be held at Annunciation Catholic Church, 609 Poplar Street, Leadville, CO, at 1:00 PM on Friday, the 21st of July. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to St. Stephen’s School in Glenwood Springs.