Bringing you economic growth and a proven track record
by BOB SCHAFFER
When I voluntarily left Congress to honor my term-limits pledge, I remember reflecting proudly on all we accomplished for Colorado in such a short period of time.
Having won my last federal election by nearly 80 percent, some thought I was foolish to just walk away from a safe Congressional seat. Tough as it was, keeping my promise to the voters was the right thing to do.
Running for the U.S. Senate is the right thing to do, too. Senators Wayne Allard, Hank Brown, Bill Armstrong, Treasurer Mike Coffman, Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave, Congressman Tom Tancredo, the Speaker of the State House, the president of the state Senate and nearly every Republican state legislator has endorsed my campaign and is on our team.
It is an exciting campaign focused on reforming government. My campaign’s message is one of economic growth and a proven track record. I am the only candidate in the race who has one. Here is where I stand:
– I am pro-agriculture, pro-defense, pro-family (marriage: one man, one woman), pro-life, pro-Israel, pro-Second Amendment, pro-small business, pro-veteran, pro-teacher, pro-private property rights, pro-entrepreneur, pro-multiple use of public lands, pro-George Bush ” and I have a solid record to prove it.
– On education, I support parental choice and believe public, private and home schools and private scholarship funds are all legitimate and valuable parts of American education. I oppose unfunded federal education mandates.
– Colorado’s water is precious, and I will oppose all federal efforts to take it and support prudent efforts to conserve and expand storage capacity. I support science-based reform of the Endangered Species Act. I support active forest management to conserve water, reduce fires, improve forest health and wildlife habitat.
– I oppose Coors’ proposal to lower the drinking age. It’s state law, not federal.
– I oppose the death tax, amnesty, open borders, communism and terrorism. I’m anti-capital gains tax, anti-drug legalization, anti-dependence on foreign oil, anti-Saddam. I oppose liberal judges, gay marriage, domestic partner benefits, higher taxes, deficits and John Kerry.
Please visit http://www.schafferforsenate.com/ for details on these issues and to join a truly fun campaign making the biggest difference.
Bob Schaffer is a candidate for U.S. Senate.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
During the past year, destinations across the nation and around the world have seen a huge decline and in some cases a halt to travel. Although this community took a big hit in terms of…