Letter: Clarifying ‘bullet’ argument
July 13, 2018
Ms. Barb Coddington (PI Letters 6/23) condemns my belief that the Bullet is mightier than the Vote.
She calls it an "ugly argument" and says I glorify the bullet and the violence it wreaks.
Nay, say I.
I just understand why the bullet must exist. When a war is voted, for the bullet brings the victory. When we vote for peace, the bullet secures it. No vote, post Nobel, has survived without the bullet's backing.
Bullets and votes are both mere tools we use to accomplish our ends. The difference lies in the finality of the bullet. No mater how hard you wish, the ugly truth remains: the bullet is stronger.
Trending In: Opinion
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Rifle wins 8th straight matchup over Glenwood
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’