Letter: Accountability for Garfield Re-2 funds
October 30, 2018
The Garfield Re-2 school district is asking voters to approve a mill levy override to fund teacher salaries and a bond to construct classrooms at Highland and Cactus Valley Elementary schools. I am the chair of the newly re-vamped Garfield Re-2 District Accountability Committee. One function of DAC will be to oversee the use of any funds approved by the voters.
This is an exciting time for our district with a new level of accountability brought on primarily by informed and caring parents who are not employees of the district. Please vote yes on ballot measures 4A and 4B to allow our school district to recruit and retain quality teachers and to provide needed classroom space for our elementary students. The members of DAC are highly committed to ensuring the funds will be spent appropriately and that our schools will continue to improve.
Trending In: Opinion
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Roaring Fork public school teachers get pay raise
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair assaulted while canvassing