Letter: Food stamp cut unconscionable
May 17, 2018
Dear Scott Tipton: I would remind you that our federal government exists to assist the taxed population to have a healthy, well-educated and safe environment, with the best infrastructure to thrive as business ventures and as a connected, engaged society.
I am outraged that Congress is considering slashing Food Stamps by $17 billion. In this economic climate where minimum wage has not risen since 1980 and the 1 percent has accrued 80 percent of the property and wealth of the country, it is unconscionable to take away a basic safety net for working people.
I am your constituent and will remember how you vote this week in the next election.
Trending In: Opinion
- Occupant in camper trailer injured, driver arrested after Highway 82 crash Monday
- New Castle Mr. T’s hardware and building supply going out of business
- Glenwood Dermatology opens on Grand Avenue
- Injury crash on Midland Avenue redirects traffic Monday
- Glenwood Springs Council clashes over proposed vacation rental moratorium