Letter: Hanlon’s the one
June 12, 2018
For the past three elections, Colorado's 3rd Congressional District has been a graveyard for the Democratic Party. 2012: Scott Tipton 53 percent, Sal Pace 41 percent; 2014: Scott Tipton 58 percent, Abel Tapia 36 percent; 2016: Scott Tipton 55 percent, Gail Schwartz 40 percent.
Three-term Congressman John Salazar was the most recent viable Democratic candidate for the 3rd Congressional District. Defeated by Scott Tipton in 2010, Mr. Salazar paid the price for his courageous support of national health care reform.
It is obvious that the only possible chance the Democratic Party has to reclaim the 3rd Congressional District is to elect a candidate in the mold of John Salazar. That candidate is Karl Hanlon.
Trending In: Opinion
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents
- CDOT’s Winter Blitz DUI enforcement campaign begins Friday
- Street sales tax question headed to Glenwood Springs voters in April