Letter: Help Diane win
April 16, 2018
There is only one person that has a possibility of overcoming the oil industry support of our current 3rd District federal representative, and that is Diane Mitsch Bush.
If we truly want across-the-aisle representation of the interests of the people of Colorado and the nation we have only one choice, Diane — 2018 is the year of the women. Diane Mitsch Bush and Cary Kennedy have a unique opportunity to insert a wholesome perspective into the health of our state and country.
I consider Arn, the independent candidate, a friend and know what a straight-forward person he is, but his running will dilute the vote and possibly keep us from electing Diane, a master legislator.
Karl is a masterful attorney that the industry could maneuver into being the Democratic candidate. He would, however, have no chance of winning against our current, industry friendly, representative. I would ask both to back out for the good of the 3rd District.
Diane is the only candidate with the experience, cred and record to face off with Tip and win. We might finally get a representative of the people, for the people and by the people.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Glenwood Springs City Council tackles homeless camp safety concerns
- Crime Briefs: Wheels of justice finally catch up with domestic violence suspect
- Jury convicts on two charges in New Castle child sex assault case
- 180 years of love: Three Rifle family couples celebrate their 60th anniversaries
- Fourth-grade essays on Earth Day