Letter: Jesus welcomes gays
January 4, 2018
The case before the U.S. Supreme Court where a Denver baker refused to make a wedding cake for a same sex couple because of his Christian faith has me thinking. Since when is homophobia one of the tenets of Christianity?
The second most important man in all of Christendom, Paul, was almost certainly gay. He hated women and was very fond of young boys. At the very least it is clear in Paul's non-biblical writings he was a male chauvinistic sexist pig and a loving mentor to Timothy.
Half the Roman Catholic clergy is gay. Jesus welcomed all to his flock.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Opinion
- Glenwood Springs High School students lead walk-out in solidarity with Florida victims
- Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario shares thoughts on gun control
- Rare, dangerous conditions spur avalanche warning for Roaring Fork Valley backcountry
- Garfield County commissioners reimburse Martin for legal fees
- Car in pond leads to felony pleas