Letter: Jesus welcomes gays
January 4, 2018
The case before the U.S. Supreme Court where a Denver baker refused to make a wedding cake for a same sex couple because of his Christian faith has me thinking. Since when is homophobia one of the tenets of Christianity?
The second most important man in all of Christendom, Paul, was almost certainly gay. He hated women and was very fond of young boys. At the very least it is clear in Paul's non-biblical writings he was a male chauvinistic sexist pig and a loving mentor to Timothy.
Half the Roman Catholic clergy is gay. Jesus welcomed all to his flock.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: EB I-70 reopened between Silt and New Castle
- First person on the scene recounts early Friday wreck that shook New Castle
- Lingering construction has some downtown Glenwood Springs business owners livid
- Crime Briefs: After speeding without a valid license, suspect leads police on foot chase
- Mountain lion sighting in New Castle a good reminder to stay ever aware