Letter: Jesus welcomes gays
January 4, 2018
The case before the U.S. Supreme Court where a Denver baker refused to make a wedding cake for a same sex couple because of his Christian faith has me thinking. Since when is homophobia one of the tenets of Christianity?
The second most important man in all of Christendom, Paul, was almost certainly gay. He hated women and was very fond of young boys. At the very least it is clear in Paul's non-biblical writings he was a male chauvinistic sexist pig and a loving mentor to Timothy.
Half the Roman Catholic clergy is gay. Jesus welcomed all to his flock.
Fred Malo Jr.
Trending In: Opinion
- Historic Redstone Castle restoration now complete
- One lane of WB I-70 now open in Glenwood Canyon after crash
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Enter ‘The Gandy Dancer’ to former Glenwood Springs Eagles Club space
- Garfield County crime briefs: Suspicious motel call leads to hypodermic needles