Letter: More thanks for firefighters
July 9, 2018
A sincere thank-you to all of the courageous men and women serving our community to fight the Lake Christine Fire. I cannot express the awe and inspiration of all the firefighter, coordinators and support I have witnessed during this event.
Although it is deeply frustrating and saddening how the fire started, it has been unbelievable to see the efforts of our community coming together to help one another. Sometimes it takes disaster to see the beauty of people. We have such a deep, engrained lifeline of community here, even if we do have differing views. It is amazing to witness it all.
Lindsay J. Gurley
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest opinion: Garfield County commissioners abandon Thompson Divide cause
- Letter: County commissioners don’t represent us
- George Will column: Reality continues to leak from American life
- Letter: A poison pen letter to poison Garfield County
- Letter: Will’s recent actions do not bode well for making sensitive decisions
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Roaring Fork public school teachers get pay raise
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair assaulted while canvassing