Letter: Phil Weiser for AG
June 11, 2018
In Colorado's race for attorney general, Phil Weiser is the most experienced candidate in terms of being able to stand up to the attacks on our constitutional rights coming out of Washington these days. Phil's top leadership positions in the US Justice Department during the Obama administration and as dean of the CU Law School are the kinds of experiences our next attorney general needs to stand up to the Trump administration.
I first learned about Phil from some of his past students at CU Law School where Phil was a professor and then dean. They spoke passionately about how bright, thoughtful and committed they found Phil to be. After meeting Phil and his family at the March for Our Lives in Denver, and learning more about his previous experiences and positions, I've become convinced that Phil would help Colorado become a model for fighting against the overreach of presidential power — from immigration rights and DACA to the weakening of environmental regulations.
I urge you to support Phil Weiser for our next attorney general.
Trending In: Opinion
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents
- CDOT’s Winter Blitz DUI enforcement campaign begins Friday
- Street sales tax question headed to Glenwood Springs voters in April