Letter: Stand up to big O&G
October 22, 2018
Fracking is clearly harmful to human health and the health of our planet. Physician groups, including the AMA and PSR (Physicians for Social Responsibility), warn about the health and environmental dangers of fracking — and of fossil fuels in general.
Global warming is the greatest health threat of the 21st century. For survival of the human race and a livable planet, we must move beyond fossil fuels — now.
Vote yes on Proposition 112, and vote for Paula Stepp and Diane Mitsch Bush — who are more likely than their opponents to stand up to big oil and gas, and do the right thing.
George Bohmfalk, M.D.,
retired neurosurgeon, Carbondale
Steve Hessl, M.D.,
Recommended Stories For You
retired occupational medicine physician, Carbondale
Leslie Fuller, D.O.,
retired anesthesiologist, Glenwood Springs
Greg Feinsinger, M.D.,
retired family physician, Carbondale
Trending In: Opinion
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents